This policy is intended to help you understand how The Stewart Group Ltd., its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Stewart Group," "we," or "us") collect, use and safeguard the information you provide on our website.
If you browse any Stewart Group website, you may generally do so anonymously without providing any personal information. However, there are cases in which we may ask you for personal data. For example, we may occasionally conduct on-line surveys to better understand the needs and profile of our visitors. In addition, we may request personal information when you register to receive additional information regarding our products and services, sign up for a newsletter, or send us a question. Even if you choose not to give information we request, you can still visit most of the Stewart Group website, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services.
In case you change your mind or wish to update or delete personal information (such as your postal code), we will endeavor to correct, update or remove the personal data you give us. You can do this by contacting us at the contact points specified below.
STEWART GROUP MAILINGS
If you provide us with personal information, we automatically place you on our list to receive e-mail regarding product updates, special offers, important issues and new products. If you do not wish to receive e-mail updates, please contact us at the contact points specified below.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information may be used by us for the following purposes:
- Providing you with marketing and promotional purposes of the Stewart Group and its subsidiaries and affiliates; and
- If you indicated that you were interested in receiving offers or information from certain of our selected sponsors or advertisers, the Stewart Group may send you email materials and other mailings about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you.
While we use all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your information, Stewart Group will have no liability for disclosure of any information obtained due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized acts of third parties. Stewart Group also reserves the right to change or update this policy, or any other policy or practice, at anytime, with reasonable notice to users of its website. Any changes or updates will be effective immediately upon posting to the Stewart Group site.
We may share statistical or aggregated non-personal information about our users with advertisers, business allies, sponsors and other third parties.
COOKIES AND IP TRACKING
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where you have specifically given us your consent to disclose your personal information for a designated purpose;
- As required by law, including by an order of any court, institution or body with jurisdiction or authority to compel the production of information; or
- In connection with a Stewart Group corporate re-organization, merger or amalgamation with another entity, or a sale of all or a substantial portion of the assets of the Stewart Group.
Please be advised that our website may contain links to third party websites. The linked sites are not under the control of the Stewart Group, and we are not responsible for the contents or privacy practices of any linked site or any link on a linked site.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. The Stewart Group takes technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We instruct our employees with access to your Personal Information that it is to be used only in adherence with the principles set forth in this policy and applicable laws.
Questions about this policy should be directed to:
The Stewart Group
Attention: Mr. Phil Chow
259 Steelcase Road West
905 475 0780
If you are not satisfied with our response, the Privacy Commissioner of Canada can be reached at
112 Kent Street
Ontario K1A 1H3
1 800 282 1376